- A 30' x 40' shop constructed using stress skin panels to reduce heating costs.
- A bermed basement constructed with insulated foundations blocks.
- A 6KW solar array installed in 2013.
- Steam to remove glazing and paint to eliminate damage to windows and doors rather than toxic chemical products.
- Infared heat to remove paint.
- Organic linseed oil paints and glazing by Allback – products which are non-toxic, beautiful, long lasting and are VOC free.
- Locally harvested wood whenever possible and reclaimed wood when feasible and appropriate.